Friday, July 11, 2008

Occupational Therapist



The Occupational Therapist (OT) came out this morning to evaluate Brandon. According to him, Brandon is "within normal limits" according to everything OT related, except for language, of course, and his spinning.


His suggestion.... NOT to spin him. So I didn't, and he screamed for about half an hour, until I finally sat him in the chair. Ten minutes later he stopped screaming and I was able to calm him down enough TO spin him... poor kid.

Talking to mom, I decided that we'll still spin him at naptime and bedtime, but progressively slower. The cold turkey thing causes hysterics I don't have the eardrums for.


Then he went to sleep. As long as we get to spin, we're JUST fine!!

This is an old picture, but I love it anyway. jacob got into the hot chocolate mix a few weeks ago. I was in the living room with Brandon and Megan (the week megan got her first two teeth.)
So I suddenly smelled something... and it smelled yummy, so I checked it out. (As Ben was sleeping, this worried me.)
And he dumped out the WHOLE container, and decided it was fun! So we poured it on our hair, and our clothes, and wrote designs in the floor.
I had to empty the bathwater three times, because it was too chocolate to get him clean anymore!
Sorry about no Megan picture... we'll have some great ones for monday! :-)

No comments: