Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My not quite "Irish Twins"

I'm not quite sure where it got started, but "Irish twins" are two children born less than a year apart. I'm assuming it's because people think Irish people have a habit of having lots of babies close together. For that sake, why don't they just call them, "Mormon twins?"
My two youngest monkeys are almost fifteen months apart, so they aren't quite Irish Twins ... but close enough. Lately I've noticed them getting to be closer and closer, and if I didn't know better, I'd say they were twins.

Brandon doesn't talk so great sometimes, and Megan is much more easily understood. Now that older brother is in school, the two of them spend more and more time together.

I was trying to cook and they came to visit. They sat next to each other for a few minutes, but then decided to start bugging each other. The other night they were watching a movie in their room, and Brandon whined, "Megan, I can't see!" So Megan flipped over to face him, staring at the wall, "Brandon, you're in my way!"

Best friends, worst enemies. They play together, tease together. The other day I was at the store and I kicked myself I didn't get a picture. Megan was asleep when we got there, so I put her on a pillow in the cart. She woke up, and Brandon wanted to join her, so I had both of them curled up in the cart pretending to sleep.

they get along really well .. I just dread the day Brandon gets to go off to kindergarten, and Megan has to stay behind.

No comments: