Friday, November 13, 2009

Techie geek?

I've never considered myself to be at the "cutting edge of technology." In fact, typically, I run so far behind the pack it's not even funny. But working with computers, as I'm prone to do daily, I have apparently became one of those weird people who knows something ...

I can change an IP address, I understand some things about computers. As for technology ... I use a broadband Internet card, (which shockingly ... is one of those "newer things"), and I just installed windows 7 on my computer. (Hey, students get it for cheap! .. and working on campus, I qualify close enough to count)

Am I even close to the cutting edge? Not really. But I enjoy where I am. I'm in a position I can watch what's coming out with curiosity, and do what's best for my family, and my computer.

Every day ... (see, I am a geek), I check the news through Google news, I am on facebook, twitter and I have a family blog. I also have multiple Email addresses. (Work, Friend, and junk)

Then there is even a handful of sites I like to check daily. From my favorite blogs, to a couple online comics, and zooborns, cakewrecks, and horriblelicense plates. These are all my daily smiles, and help keep me updated.

Part of being updated, I know was for my job. When I know what is going on in the world, it helps my spelling ... because I have seen the words before. (Plus, when governor Schwarzenegger or somebody with schizophrenia makes the news, I like a heads up before the teachers start to throw these around in casual conversation).

I like sending occasional words to the Typewell folks, simply because in my computer classes I type, I see some of the newer words, the one's that haven't quite made it to websters dictionary yet. (Did you know Blog is even a newer word for some folks?)

So overall ... I guess I'm no longer in the tech illiterate group, but not quite at the top of the mountain yet. I doubt I ever will be. But I'm close enough to get a good view!

No comments: